Thursday, July 15, 2010

technology

My OCD symptoms permeate every single aspect of my life. I try my best to confront every challenge and to structure my own forms of exposure. But there's only so much exposure I can handle at any one time, so there are cases where I'll let myself find ways to circumvent triggers. Not the best way to fight my OCD, but doing so allows me to function like a (mostly) normal human being.

Using technology to accomplish has been a huge asset to me, although it also brings another set of triggers-- usually ones that are much easier to confront than the ones they replace, but not always. I'm a bit fascinated, really, how using a piece of technology confronts my brain with different obsessions. I hope to turn this into a series of posts, in which I discuss some of the ways my OCD has been both affected & helped by using technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment